We offer many rewarding ways for individuals and groups to get involved in the work of the Food Bank. Volunteers can help with the following:
- Warehouse Support – sorting and packing non-perishables
- Kitchen - cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Raised Bed Gardens - join our team to build raised bed gardens in the community
- Harvesting - picking produce or helping on a local farm
- Office - answering phones, data entry
Volunteers for the warehouse, gardens and farms must be a mature 6 years of age. Kitchen volunteers must be at least 16 years of age. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Please wear appropriate attire when you volunteer; closed-toe, flat shoes are mandatory and comfortable clothes that may get dirty.
We have three categories of volunteers and an application for each. Please complete and return one of the applications below. You can email your form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Court Ordered Community Service
Note: All Community Service Volunteers need to be interviewed BEFORE they volunteer.
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
Volunteering spots are limited. Please register for a volunteer slot using the links below for Sign Up Genius. So that different individuals get an opportunity to volunteer, we ask you to only sign up for one shift every five weeks. Please be sure to complete a volunteer application (listed above) prior to registering to volunteer.
If your group would like to register to volunteer, submit the group volunteer form above and email to Ally Antonini or call 610-873-6000 to schedule a date for your group.
Tuesday Night at the Food Bank
Click here to register for Tuesday Night volunteering at the Food Bank warehouse.
Volunteer at the Food Bank warehouse on Tuesday from 6-8p.
Families should use one name for the family and provide the number of family members volunteering.
Warehouse volunteers will help us with:
- Unpacking stacks of canned goods, sorting them for delivery to local pantries.
- Preparing food in the kitchen, making soup, dehydrating fruits and vegetables and other duties.
- Assembling food for our Weekend Food Backpacks Program.
- Packing Commodity Supplemental Food Program boxes for Senior Citizens.
- Assembling food for our Senior Box and Emergency Food Programs
- Office work of printing nutritional flyers, box labels, data entry.
Tuesday at Springton Manor Farm
Click here to register to volunteer at Springton Manor Farm.
Volunteer at Springton Manor Farm on Tuesdays from 3-7p
Springton Manor Farm is located at 860 Springton Road in Glenmoore.
Volunteer at Waterloo Gardens on Wednesdays from 3-7 pm.
Waterloo Gardens is located at 200 N. Whitford Road in Exton.