The Chester County Food Bank (CCFB) offers volunteer opportunities for individuals with court-mandated service hours on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to deny any court-ordered individual the opportunity to volunteer with the CCFB is based on the nature, type, and/or specifics of their offense. However, it is also the policy of this organization to provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, or disability.
Potential volunteers must provide written documentation from the court, probation officer, and/or their attorney stating the number of hours required and by what date, as well as the specifics of the offense.
We do not accept volunteers whose charge relates to an act of violence, weapons and firearm offenses, and sexual misconduct.
Once your application is approved you can sign up for shifts. All volunteers must register ahead of time. Each shift has a limited number of spots. Walk-ins will not be accommodated.
Court Mandated Community Service Approval Process
Non-compliance with these rules may result in immediate dismissal from our program.
Please allow up to 10 business days from the date of application for the approval process to be completed
- You must complete and submit the online application on this page. The Volunteer Manager will contact you to set up an interview. Any volunteer hours completed prior to your application being reviewed will not be verified.
- Approved applicants must submit the following documentation via fax, mail, email or in-person before your first volunteer day: paperwork from the probation officer, court, or attorney stating the individual’s name, specific offense(s) committed, number of hours required, the time limit to complete court-mandated hours, and the name/contact information of the probation office or attorney
- Once hours are complete, the timesheet provided by the court must be turned in to the Volunteer Manager, who will then provide a validation letter within 2 weeks. It will be written on official CCFB letterhead stating how many hours were completed, and in what capacity (e.g. farm, warehouse, etc.)
- You get credit only for the hours you actually work. Sometimes shifts end early due to food supply. Travel time does not qualify as volunteer time.
- Only one unexcused absence is allowed. If you can’t make a shift, you must cancel it online. If you cancel, it will be an excused absence.
- CCFB reserves the right to restrict any charge, depending on circumstances, and has the right to dismiss a volunteer from service at any time.
- Chester County Food Bank has a zero-tolerance policy for misrepresenting hours.