There’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but did you know about #GivingTuesday? This global awareness day kicks off the giving season and reminds us there are hungry Chester County residents to serve throughout the holidays and into the new year.
The Chester County Food Bank (CCFB) is grateful for the outpouring of support surrounding Thanksgiving that enables us to feed so many of our neighbors. We invite you to keep the momentum going and join us on #GivingTuesday, Nov. 29, by donating or volunteering.
It’s easy to help, and every gift, of every size, matters:
- Donate online—We use donations to purchase food in bulk, to keep our freezers running and our trucks on the road, and to continue our innovative programs that address the root causes of hunger. We direct 89 percent of all donations to programs and operating costs! You can donate now, donate monthly or make a tribute donation.
- Donate by phone—Call us at (610) 873-6000.
- Donate by mail—Send your check made payable to Chester County Food Bank to 650 Pennsylvania Dr., Exton, Pa 19341.
- Other ways to give money:
- See if your employer has a matching gift program—this doubles your generosity! Many employers also allow you to have donations automatically drawn from your paycheck.
- Give stock, as appreciated assets donated to the CCFB offer tax advantages.
- Choose the CCFB to receive your United Way Campaign gift.
- Corporation? Talk to us about how your company can make an impact with sponsorships and other assistance.
The Chester County Food Bank is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization, so all donations are tax-deductible.
Food donations are also needed all year long. Learn how to mount a food drive, where and when to bring food donations to our location, how we rescue food (and how you can help!) and how local hunters can share their bounty. Are you a farmer, or know them? They can get involved, too.
Got some time to spare? We always welcome volunteers! Our dedicated helpers are an inspiring mix of individuals, groups and corporations, and we couldn’t serve as many as we do without them. A special note to those not in a position to give money or food—please consider giving your time. It matters.
Make #GivingTuesday a priority this year. The Chester County Food Bank’s beneficiaries thank you!
The Chester County Food Bank is the central hunger relief organization whose mission is to mobilize our community to ensure access to real, healthy food. Through our network of food cupboards, hot meal sites, shelters and other social service organizations, we distribute over 2.5 million pounds to our neighbors with limited or uncertain access to adequate food.